Winter Harvest Cookie Bars
Refrigerated sugar cookies kick start this dessert recipe that also features nuts, granola, dried cranberries and vanilla chips for a hearty sweet treat. From Jessica Beaver, Bake-Off® Monthly Challenge.
- 4 oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box)
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Heat oven to 350°F. While granola bars are still in pouches, use rolling pin to crush bars. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in crushed granola bars until blended. Press dough in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- In small bowl, mix cranberries, baking chips and walnuts. Sprinkle evenly over dough. With hands, gently press mixture into top of dough. Drizzle with condensed milk.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and top is lightly browned. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
1 BarCalories 240; Calories from Fat 100; Total Fat 11g; Saturated Fat 4 1/2g; Trans Fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Potassium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 25g; Protein3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat