Tuna Mac With Spinach & Peas
One of our favorite mac & cheese combos, this mix-in features fresh spinach, peas and tuna for some added protein. Bowl of yum for one, please!
- 1 box Annie’s Deluxe Whole Wheat Shells & Extra Cheesy Cheddar Macaroni Dinner
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or mozzarella + provolone blend)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 heaping cups fresh spinach
- 2 cans albacore tuna, drained and heated in a pan
- 1/2 cup red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- fresh basil for garnish
- Boil shell pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain and place pasta back into pot.
- Heating the pot over medium heat, stir in the cheese packet, milk, butter, shredded cheese and frozen peas. Mix until everything is well blended.
- Add in the fresh spinach, tuna and tomatoes.
- Mix until the spinach has wilted and everything is coated in the cheese mixture.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with some fresh basil and serve!