Microwave Baked Apples with Granola
10 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 2 large crisp apples (such as Braeburn, Gala or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons raisins or sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 Nature Valley™ crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box) (any flavor), crushed
- Milk, cream or fruit-flavored yogurt, if desired
- Cut apples in half lengthwise. Using spoon, remove and discard cores, making at least a 1-inch indentation in each apple half. In microwavable pie plate, arrange apple halves, cut sides up. If needed, cut thin slice off bottoms to keep halves from tipping.
- Fill each apple half evenly with raisins and brown sugar; dot with butter. Cover with microwavable plastic wrap, folding back one edge 1/4 inch to vent steam.
- Microwave on High 5 to 6 minutes or until apples are tender. Top each with granola. Serve with milk.
- Traditional baking apples such as Granny Smith, Rome Beauty and Greening can also be used for a less-sweet taste.
- Easily crush the granola bars right in the pouch with your fingers.