Golden Grahams™ S’mores
Try a new version of classic s'mores. No campfire needed!
- 8 cups Golden Grahams™ cereal
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows (5 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter. Measure cereal into large bowl.
- Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In 3-quart saucepan, heat remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, butter, sugar and water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
- Press firmly in pan. Cool at least 1 hour until firm. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Make this easy snack in the microwave. Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter. Measure cereal into large bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In large microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, butter, sugar and water uncovered on High 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla. Continue as directed in recipe.
- If you spray your bowl with cooking spray before using it, you'll have less mess to clean when you're done.
- The sugar and water can be replaced with 1/4 cup corn syrup.
- If you prefer your marshmallows more visible in the bars, just a wait a minute or two after mixing the warm chocolate and marshmallow mixture into the cereal to allow it to cool slightly before you stir in the final cup of marshmallows.
Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat