Fruit and Nut Snack Bars
Crunchy, nutty, and sweet, these bars have a peanut butter and brown sugar syrup keeping dried fruit, cereal, and more together.
- 4 cups Cheerios™ Cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease 13x9-inch pan. In large bowl, combine all snack mix ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients except vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup over snack mix; toss to coat. Press mixture firmly in greased pan. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container.
- These healthful cereal, fruit and nut bars are a good source on energy. Nuts and peanut butter provide protein, and dried fruits contribute fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Kitchen Tip: To keep your fingers from getting sticky, use a small plastic bag, mitten-style, to grease the pan and to press the mixture into the pan. Or, spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray before pressing the mixture in the pan.
Calories 105 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1