Designed to be made ahead for those on the go, this cereal, fruit and nut mixture is a delicious medley of crunchy and sweet.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or raisins
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in cereals and almonds until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar mixture and banana chips until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute. Spread on paper towels; cool about 15 minutes. Place in serving bowl; stir in blueberries. Store in airtight container.
Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 10g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1.5