Sweet Potato Chips Chex Mix
Native to North America, and often used in Southern cooking, sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients and flavor. Bring the taste of candied sweet potatoes to this sensational snack mix.
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 bag (5.5 oz) Food Should Taste Good® sweet potato tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and sweet potato chips.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 teaspoon salt uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir; microwave on High about 45 seconds or until bubbling. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until completely coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Let cool about 5 minutes or until coating hardens, stirring after first 2 minutes. Stir in marshmallows; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- For a slightly spicy flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the butter mixture before microwaving.
Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat