Strawberry Shortcake Dip
Why wait for dessert to have dessert? Sweeten up your appetizer game with this clever dip version of classic strawberry shortcake. It’s almost too pretty to eat, but where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (16 oz) fresh strawberries, stemmed and diced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking pan with cooking parchment paper. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 strips. Place on pan. Brush top and sides of each biscuit piece with melted butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix strawberries, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, the vanilla and lemon peel. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cream cheese and yogurt in medium bowl. With electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on serving plate. Drain strawberry mixture, if necessary; spoon on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve dip with biscuits as dippers.
- Both the cream cheese mixture and the strawberries can be made and refrigerated, separately, up to 4 hours ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- For easiest serving, use a spreader or butter knife.
Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1.5