Granola Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
20 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 10 Minutes Total
Granola bars are the secret to a delicious and crunchy-topped sweet potato casserole.
- 6 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (7 to 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Nature Valley™ maple-brown sugar crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box), crushed SAVE $
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Place potato pieces in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. To potatoes, add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons butter, the maple syrup and salt. Mash with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix crushed granola bars and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is crisp.
- Make this rich casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time, but sprinkle with the granola bar mixture just before baking.
- For the prettiest dish with the best flavor, use dark-orange or red sweet potatoes in this recipe.