Fruit and Nut Snack Bars
Crunchy, nutty, and sweet, these bars have a peanut butter and brown sugar syrup keeping dried fruit, cereal, and more together.
- 4 cups Cheerios™ Cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease 13x9-inch pan. In large bowl, combine all snack mix ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients except vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup over snack mix; toss to coat. Press mixture firmly in greased pan. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container.
Calories 105 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1