Chex® and Candy Squares
When you combine cashews, chocolate and caramel, you know the results will be spectacular! Two thumbs up for these easy bars.
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 cup salted cashew halves, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate baking bits
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in cashews. With floured fingers, press dough in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook and stir chocolate chips, caramel topping and flour over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and 1/2 cup of the baking bits. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup baking bits; press in lightly. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1/1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat