Cheerios® Skinny Coconut Cream Pie
75% less sat fat • 61% less fat • 66% more fiber than the original recipe. Surprise, it's based on a whole-grain Cheerios® cereal crust!
- 2 1/2 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup no trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, melted
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping
- Toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal in food-storage plastic bag; crush finely with rolling pin or meat mallet to make 1 cup (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork. Stir in melted vegetable oil spread until well mixed. Press in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix milk, coconut milk and vanilla. With wire whisk, beat in pudding mix until well blended and slightly thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping. Spoon and spread pudding mixture evenly into crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat