Cheerios® Skinny Coconut Cream Pie
75% less sat fat • 61% less fat • 66% more fiber than the original recipe. Surprise, it's based on a whole-grain Cheerios® cereal crust!
- 2 1/2 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup no trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, melted
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping
- Toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal in food-storage plastic bag; crush finely with rolling pin or meat mallet to make 1 cup (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork. Stir in melted vegetable oil spread until well mixed. Press in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix milk, coconut milk and vanilla. With wire whisk, beat in pudding mix until well blended and slightly thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping. Spoon and spread pudding mixture evenly into crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- For the best results, be sure that the crumbs for the crust are finely crushed and resemble graham cracker crumbs. Large particles make it difficult to press the mixture into the pie plate.
- You can use Honey Nut Cheerios® in the crust if you prefer.
- To toast the coconut, heat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat