Brownie Batter-Peanut Butter Chex™ Bars
Fudgy brownies sandwiched between two layers of crunchy peanut butter Chex™ bars take these indulgent treats to the next level.
- 1 box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavor syrup
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, from 2 (10 oz) bags
- 3/4 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 10 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread in pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Using fork, break apart brownies into small pieces. Place brownies in large bowl. Stir in chocolate syrup until brownies are moistened. Set aside.
- Spray another 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In 6-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted and mixture is well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Add cereal; mix well. Using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press half of cereal mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- Top cereal layer with reserved brownie mixture; press to make a lightly packed brownie layer. Spoon remaining cereal mixture over top, and spread to cover brownie layer, pressing firmly for an even top. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate about 40 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.